Monday, July 17, 2006

Aw shucks

Ok, so it's my birthday. Or at least it was til about three and a half hours ago. I am now the ripe old age of 23. It feels suspiciously like the spry, young age of 22. I'm still the youngest member of my peer group, but I'm hoping that maybe now people will stop saying 'aww...' after I tell them my age.

I've never been much into birthdays, so don't feel too guilty if you forgot/didn't know. That said, I really appreciate all of you that took the time to say something. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. You're way better at that than I am. I am a notorious birthday-forgetter.

It was a pretty uneventful birthday, but I'm ok with that. The Braves won, I set a new record time on Minesweeper, won about $15,000 in fake money poker and learned some new songs on guitar. Could've been worse.

I was hoping to write about all the stuff I've learned over the past year in one of those numbered posts that people seem to like so much, but uh...I can't really think of anything that I know now that I didn't know a year ago. If I think of anything, I'll let you know.

I can't really complain about the past year, though. I've done more things than I ever thought I would and had a hell of a time doing them. Naturally, there are things I wish I could've improved over last year, but they'll all come in time, I'm sure. All in all, not bad. Steady as she goes.

4 Comments:

Blogger Oob said...

Happy birthday, Charles! And I won't say "awwww". ;)

11:28 AM  
Blogger Brett said...

Awww, happy birthday. I would grab your cheeks and squeeze them if you were here.

11:42 AM  
Blogger That guy said...

Oh, well, that's ok Brett. I don't mind if you do it.

1:34 PM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

Facebook reminders for the win.

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home