Thursday, July 06, 2006

50 35 Things You Don't Might Not Know About Me

I've been tinkering with this for a while. As usual, I got the idea from another blog. I thought it might be interesting, but it probably isn't. I'm not normally this self-centered, I promise. But here's some (at least slightly) interesting facts about me.

1. I don't see what the big deal is about Shakespeare. I was just never all that impressed with him. Though I did thoroughly enjoy performing Julius Caesar with sock-puppets in high school.

2. I don't like meat in Mexican food. I don't know why.

3. My nicknames include Grandpa, Hebie, Jewbert and Schroeder. Two recent additions are Chuckles and Sassypants.

4. I'm not racist, but have a tendency to make racial jokes just for the irony. I much prefer this to people that actually are racist but pretend they aren't.

5. I find piercings in any body part except for the ears puzzling, totally unnecessary and kinda trashy. I also find tattoos in general totally unnecessary and kinda trashy. Especially on women.

6. I'm more intimidated by people that I have authority over than I am by people who have authority over me. Go figure.

7. I consider my left side to be my 'good side.'

8. I once won a $40,000 scholarship in a piano competition. I didn't take it, but I do get a strange sense of satisfaction knowing that the person that did take it was only second best. I'm ruthless like that.

9. I played Carnegie Hall at the age of 14. It sounds a lot cooler than it is because the actual concert was pretty lame, but no one has to know that.

10. I'm ambidextrous in that I use my left hand to write/draw/paint, but use my right hand to throw, shoot, etc.

11. I'm really not that interesting.

12. I drive an old lady's car, but I drive it like a Mustang. It's to counter my friend who drives her Mustang like an old lady.

13. The only two famous people I've wanted to meet but haven't yet are the President and Ben Folds. Unless of course George A||en becomes president, in which case that would only leave Ben Folds.

14. My only vice is Krispy Kreme. I don't smoke or do drugs and I'm only a social drinker, but for a box of warm, chocolate-iced doughnuts, I'd tell you where my grandma hides her money.

15. I've only been inside a strip club once, and it was one of the most uncomfortable things I've ever done.

16. I've only seen one of the new Star Wars movies, and only two of the old ones. I'm ok with that.

17. I sleep on my stomach. I also cuddle anything soft within arms reach, and I will not let it go.

18. The only class of instrument I've never played is woodwind. Reeds give me goosebumps.

19. I don't ride roller coasters.

20. I once shot a flying bee with an air rifle. It was the crowning achievement of my marksmanship career, and I'll probably never be able to do it again.

21. The three people most likely to get me to throw things at my TV are Bi|| Maher, He|en Thomas and Spike |_ee.

22. I wouldn't be horribly opposed to rapists getting the death penalty. And by 'horribly opposed' I mean 'opposed at all, really.'

23. I'm not that much of an Ann Cou|ter fan. I suppose I should be, but I think there's a certain tact in presentation necessary in political punditry. A tact that she sorely lacks. That said, I’d totally date her.

24. My grandfather used to have a plaque in his living room that said 'A closed mouth gathers no foot.' I didn't get the joke until I was like 13.

25. I know how to fly fish.

26. I have red hair, but only on my face. When I was little they thought I was going to be a redhead. I’m kinda glad I’m not.

27. I can recreate Ben Fo|ds’ “Bi+ches Ain’+ Shi+” on piano. Learning it was the most accomplished I’ve ever felt in my musical career. And I’m only kinda kidding.

28. I go through phases of insomnia every so often. I’m currently in one such phase.

29. I don’t find Ange|ina Jo|ie to be all that attractive.

30. Kris+in Davis? Totally hot.

31. I am seldom more religious than I am when on a plane.

32. I have a Swedish foam mattress. It’s glorious.

33. I make a decent pasta sauce, but that’s all I’ve ever tried making.

34. The most played artists on my iPod are as follows, in this order: K@yne Wes+, Ben Fo|ds, H@rvey D@nger, J0hn Denver, W@ylon Jennings, The E@gles, M@tchbox 20, Pe+e Townsend, Bi||y Joe|, R@y Ch@rles, M@tisyahu, Rick Springfie|d, Ry@n Ad@ms, Redco@t B@nd, and Re|ient K.

35. I was gonna try to get to 50, but that’s not happening tonight. Maybe I’ll add them another time.

3 Comments:

Blogger Brett said...

That is your best post ever.

11:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just need to say that every time the sky here looks bad, I think about the "scary thundercloud!" :-D

12:25 PM  
Blogger That guy said...

Oh Lord. Ah, the memories...

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home