Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Just checking in

I've got more substantial material coming, but just a couple of quick things:

First, apparently I was wrong about North Korea not being crazy/stupid enough to test their long-range Taepodong missile (along with some shorter-range, giggle-inducing Nodong missiles). On the bright side, the missile doesn't work, so the North Koreans look pretty stupid. On the not-so-bright side, it doesn't look like the U.N. is going to do anything to punish the Koreans, so they're probably going to get away with it and be all the more emboldened. More on this later.

Second, I watched the Wor|d Cup game today at the French Embassy. Those people really love their soccer. It was a very interesting experience. I don't particularly like France or soccer, but I found myself getting involved in the game. I think it has something to do with the patriotism of countries competing against each other. At any rate, it's a shame that America isn't better at soccer.

Third, I have a 4th of July post of my observations from downtown yesterday, so I hope to get that up later. Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home