Thursday, June 16, 2005

Not again...

Some people just don't know when to stop.

Illinois Senator Dick Durbin (appropriately named, it seems) recently compared the treatment of prisoners at Guantanamo Bay to that of the treatment of Jews by Nazis, the treatment of political dissidents by the Soviet Unions, and the slaughter of innocent Cambodians by Pol Pot!

What the hell?!

The evidence cited by Durbin is as follows: One night, the air conditioning was turned down so low that the barefoot detainee was shivering. Another night, the air conditioning was turned off so that the room got to over 100 degrees, and loud rap music was played through the night while the prisoner laid on the floor.

Boo-friggin-hoo. Sometimes my air conditioning makes me shiver, and I just deal with it because I'm too lazy to get out of bed to change it. I highly doubt that a PRISON CELL in CUBA is insulated well enough so that the room got any colder than that.

As far as the room being over 100 degrees and loud rap music was played through out the night...sounds a lot like my first year of college. Better call Amnesty International and have them shut down Myers Hall! Holy crap.

Comparing the mildly harsh treatment of people who want to kill us with the genocide of millions of innocent people is absolutely mind-blowing.

It's an absolute disgrace and an injustice to those people who actually died, an even bigger one to those who survived, and their families. The senator should be utterly ashamed of himself.

Once we start loading prisoners onto cattle trains, making them ride around in the snow for a few days, and using them for twisted medical experiments before we gas them to death and incinerate their bodies, THEN Senator Durbin, or DICK, as he likes to be called, can compare our military with the SS.

But until then, he's nothing but a worthless tool. May he die of AIDS and rot in hell.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was agreeing with you until that last sentence. Kinda low, ya think?

2:37 PM  
Blogger That guy said...

Low? Yes. Lower than comparing prisoners at Gitmo to victims of the Holocaust? No. Meant seriously? Of course not.

It wouldn't make much sense for me to wish something upon someone that I don't even believe in.

The only rational conclusion has to be that I've either changed my entire religious outlook, or that I was kidding. Take your pick.

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not quite sure of what you mean, but whatever.

Indeed, it was obviously not meant seriously. But it totally takes credibility away from what you already had said.

Like I said, I was agreeing with your conclusion. Indeed, Dick's comparision was not equating tortures of the same level/consistancy/motive. And you have every right to be offended.

Then with the last sentence you're telling us to take your opinions with a grain of salt.

5:51 PM  
Blogger That guy said...

Take my opinions with whatever quantity of spice you like. This is a blog. If I was out to change minds, I'd use a more legitimate medium, and I wouldn't say things like 'worthless tool' and 'holy crap'. Geez. Lighten up.

And what I meant was, what sense would it make for me to tell someone to rot in hell, when I infact do not religiously believe that people do so?

6:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm. I didn't know that.

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home