Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Another weird e-mail

Apparently more people read my blog than I thought. Today I got another interesting e-mail about (I'm guessing) my post on immigration. I'm pretty sure it was written in spanish and then run through one of those translation websites, just because it sounds a little strange.

Hello:
I`ve read with great interest your thoughts and opinions on mexican people. There are somo points L agree withyou. One needs to be a jerk to laugh about a tragedy like the one that took place on sept 11. It only shows the poor cultural level and education of that or those who behave like that.I understand your anger and the reason why you wrote those words about mexicans. Let me tell you something please. I am mexican. I live in Mexico and, even here, we deeply dislike that kind of people who we call "nacos", which means incult, ignorant an jerk. Unfortunately, that kind of people makes a big number in this country and is responsible to fill with shit our reputation and our nation`s reputation. Please. I`d ask you as a favor, a very special favor, to learn more about what Mexico really is and what most mexicans really are. I apologize, in behalf of Mexico, that horrible behavior you talked about.

Please feel free to answer.

Antonio Zamorano

So I guess my blog readership has expanded from people I know to a Neo-Nazi and some guy in Mexico. It seems I'm well on my way to becoming the next Andrew Sullivan...minus the whole 'gay' thing.

On a related note, thanks to Brett for linking to my blog the other day...it like doubled my traffic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home