Tuesday, May 03, 2005

I only wanna have to say this once...

Normally I don't much like talking about my life, mostly because I don't think it's interesting enough for people to care about, but since enough people have been asking I figured I'd just tell everyone at once.

So for everyone who keeps asking me 'What are you doing after you graduate?'...here you go.

I'm going to be working for the Op/Ed page at the Washington Examiner.

When I start, I'm going to be editing the letters to the editor, fact-checking the Op/Eds, doing sidebars and stuff for Op/Eds, and proposing my own ideas for Op/Eds. Once I 'prove' myself, I'll get to do even cooler stuff like take part in the editorial board meetings, but we'll see when that happens.

So pretty much I get to do what I've been doing for the last year, only now I get paid for it and get to live in Washington, DC while I do it.

They want me to start ASAP, so I'm going to be moving up there in like 3 weeks. I'm thinking of having a gigantic 'holy shit Charles is leaving forever*' kinda party, but I dunno if anyone would come. Heh. Let me know what you think.

So there you go. Now you don't have to ask.

*Forever, in this case, means only as often as I can afford to fly/drive back to Atlanta

3 Comments:

Blogger Brett said...

You're doing what now?

I kid... I'm a kidder. That's awesome. I know you'll be great. Please keep up with me.

12:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd go to a send-off party. Haven't seen ya for a while, man. Congrats on the job. I'll be graduating...eventually...

4:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know I'd come. Heh...and at least the flights from DC are short and the drive is pretty.

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home