Sunday, April 22, 2007

It's a rough life I lead...

This weekend was my second opportunity to pretend I actually matter, and attend some of the festivities associated with the Whi+e House Corresponden+s' Dinner. It didn't seem as cool as last year, perhaps because I didn't see as many people that I admire -- or maybe two years in DC really has made me that jaded. But it was still a good time.

Here's the view of the patio at the Washington Hi|ton, with various people pretending to be more important than they actually are. The question I overheard most, and most enjoyed overhearing, was "Who's that?"



Here are three moderately important people, Steve D0ocy (Fox News host), Steve Cent@ni (Fox News reporter and former hostage) and the back of Byr0n York's head (of the N@tional Review).



Here's He|en Thomas (the old, bitter, biased, anti-Semitic reporter) needing three people, a camera man and a boom mic to help her down a step.



Wo|f B|itzer was telling what I can only imagine to be an incredibly amusing anecdote.



L@rry King was mildly annoyed that I left the flash on.



Seinfe|d creator and Curb Your Enthusi@sm star L@rry David seemed slightly more annoyed that I left the flash on.



Former Ido| contestant Chris S|igh (and random purple-earring-girl) was kind enough to look at the camera.



Fox News founder Roger Ai|es was mildly amused to find out that the people snapping pictures of him (my friend and me) worked for the W@shington Examiner -- thus I suppose recognizing us as allies and allowing us to continue. Pretty cool, I suppose.



The all-important Henry Kissinger having a lively discussion with some guy in military attire.



The President's limo arriving for the dinner...



But the best picture of the night, and really the only reason I wore a tux at all, was scoring this shot with Sanjay@ Malak@r -- which, for the record, I'm pretty sure is Hindi for 'no-talent ass clown.'



What was entertaining about this whole thing is that Shery| Crow -- an actual musician with actual talent -- was seated no more than five feet behind us, and no one cared.



What's even funnier is that Sanjay@ won't be back next year, much like Ace. D.C. is a cruel, fickle town...

1 Comments:

Blogger Brett said...

Those are phenomenal.

1:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home