Saturday, March 31, 2007

Honestly, how many pictures do you need of a tree?

Today marked the beginning of D.C.'s famed Cherry B|ossom Festiva|, and I gotta say, I couldn't be more excited. I thoroughly enjoy and event that quadruples the city's population while simultaneously blocking off massive stretches of parking. And the traffic -- glorious. To wit, I had softball practice this morning, and it took me an hour and a half to find a spot. It was fantastic. In fact, I was so inspired by the whole experience that I penned the following haiku:

    They're just trees, people
    Please just let me park my car
    Get out of my town

    So many Asians
    Taking pictures, driving slow
    With their blinkers on

    Annoying children
    Upset about seeing trees
    There's no Mickey Mouse

    Parking lots are full
    Park in the grass, get ticket
    Should have used Metro

    Walk about a mile
    Sidewalks packed while fatties eat
    Hot dogs they don't need

    Sea of red brake lights
    Use the other damn pedal
    I want to go home


Respek.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home