Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I was watching Co|bert last night, as I often do, and this tool was the guest. After prattling on about not using anything with packaging, not eating food from more than 250 miles away and other environmental vagaries, he said he was going to write a book. After being pressed by Co|bert about the environmental impact of said book, Captain Conservation here said he was hoping to print his book on a "renewable material" instead of paper.

After I regained consciousness and cleaned all the blood out of my ear, I thought "Yes, if only we could print our books on a renewable resource. Some sort of material that we could, say, plant in the ground, allow to grow, and then harvest and grind into sheets of paper -- that would themselves be recyclable. Then we could start the process all over again..." But, I realize that's a futuristic pipe dream. Oh well.

This man has a child, people. They're breeding. I find that prospect quite terrifying.

On a totally unrelated note, I enjoy being mentioned in my friends' away messages. Here's one from my friend Allison earlier tonight:

    Text convo with Charles:

    Him: You're not at McFadden's, are you?
    Me: No, home working
    Him: Lame.
    Me: I know you are, but what am I?
    Him: Pure concentrated evil

    Gotta love that kid


Yes, you do, in fact, have to love me. (Although, from my experience, that is not particularly true.)

On a somewhat related note, softball season started tonight, and I couldn't be happier. It's like Christmas, or at least what I imagine Christmas to be like. We didn't have a real game or anything, but it didn't stop us from going to the bar and getting lit up on a Tuesday night. Seems like I timed that being-able-to-have-yeast-again thing pretty perfectly.

But for now -- bed. Hooray bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home