Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Sensory overload

Ok, so I have quite a bit to say at the moment, but -- as is usually the case with speaking rather than writing -- I'm having a significant amount of trouble coherently expressing it all. So, while I work on that, here's a short and sweet update on the various goings on in vie de Charles. (Did I just use a French phrase?)

- Had two job interviews in the last two weeks, and probably going to set up another one tomorrow. Stressful. I can't wait for this process to be over.

- Flag football season is starting up. I'm excited. I've never played organized football before, and it's looking like I might actually have to train a bit if I want to be of any use to my team. We had a practice on Sunday, and after like two plays I was laying in the grass trying not to heave. It wasn't pretty.

- For the last couple of weeks, I've been obsessing over Ben Fo|ds' rendition of "Go|den S|umbers." I highly recommend you check it out. Right now.

- I've been keeping a journal of my dreams for about a month now. The results have been interesting. More on this later.

- I never even watched an episode of "F|avor of Love," but I still want to punch every person on that show in the face. Right in the face. Just line them up and run out like I'm at the Superbowl, but instead of high-fiving, punching them in the face. That show exemplifies everything wrong with America. Well, almost everything.

- I have a new look. Unusually short hair and no facial hair. The former was an accident, the latter a recommendation. I'm still adjusting, but I think I like it. I've been told I look like a hitman when I'm wearing a suit. I kinda like that.

- I am absolutely furious with the situation in the Middle East. Peace does not mean the absence of war. It means the presence of victory. This is not peace. The situation is actually worse in the long term because of it. Yet another U.N. fuckup.

- Emo is the worst thing to happen to music in 35 years. At least. Just something I've been thinking about lately.

- I've been craving an Arby's milkshake lately. I don't know why. The closest Arby's is in Georgetown. I'm not sure I'm craving one that bad.

- Old habits die hard. Seriously. Someone beat me with a rolled up newspaper. Please.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pictures! We need pics of this new look.

9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dibs on the rolled up newspaper part!
j/k!

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home