Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Having my mind blown in line at McDonald's

The following exchange took place at the McDonald's close to my office. It was between the guy ordering after me and the cashier. It blew my mind, and I'm having trouble figuring out how I feel about it. I'd appreciate your thoughts on the matter.

Cashier: May I take your order?
Customer: Si, numero ocho, por favor.
Cashier: Excuse me?
Customer: Numero ocho, por favor.
Cashier: Oh, I don't speak Spanish.
Customer (in fluent English): Oh, sorry. Number eight, please.

Don't ponder that one too long, or blood will start coming out of your nose. There are so many questions that could be asked, I don't know where to begin...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:23 AM  
Blogger That guy said...

Brilliant. Thank you for that meaningful contribution.

12:11 PM  
Blogger That guy said...

Also, before you get any brilliant ideas to post things as 'anonymous', remember that I can see your IP address.

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home