Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Ok, that does it. Start building a wall.

I don't consider myself much of an alarmist. I don't walk the streets of DC or ride the Metro in constant fear of a terrorist attack. But stuff like this scares the crap out of me. I'm not sure how much of it is confirmed, but it's quite plausible and certainly possible, and that is completely unacceptable.

As I've said before, I'm not a rabid Bush supporter. I think No Child Left Behind is stupid and ineffective, and I think that spending billions of dollars to give people a prescription drug benefit that they don't even need is pure political pandering.

But my major pet peeve with him is the fact that he doesn't have the balls to curb the flood (and yes, 4 million people a year is a flood) of illegal immigrants streaming across our Southern border.

I'm not xenophobic and I understand that the vast majority of these people are simply looking for better economic opportunities. It's not them I'm worried about. But how many al Qaeda operatives would it take to pull off a massive attack like that? 9-11 only needed 19. What's 19 out of 4 million? A statistical anomoly. The odds that such people would be apprehended at the border are statistically insignificant.

It's frustrating and frightening all at the same time that our President, along with our Congress, continues to ignore this glaring vulnerability that can be so easily exploited. And for what? So as not to offend potential hispanic voters? Please.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very disturbing indeed.

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home