Thursday, January 11, 2007

Wait, what day is it?

I've been sitting on this post for a good two weeks. I'm not sure why. But, while it still has some semblance of timeliness (10 days is still good, right?) I thought I'd go ahead and post it. So, with apologies to Brett, here's a year in review of my life, circa 2006.

Resolutions from last year that I kept (out of three): Roughly 1.5. This is, about half of each one. It's a work in progress.
Books I read: About 10, give or take.
Most interesting books read: America Alone, Misquoting Jesus, A Brief History of Time, Blink
Jobs I had: Two (counting my current one)
Job interviews I had: 7
Percent increase in income this year over last year: 72.34
Number of UGA football games I attended: 1
UGA's record when I am in attendence: 36-9
Pounds gained: Roughly 15
Softball games won with the UGA team (out of 12): 0
Number of games of flip-cup won after softball games: Substantially more than 0
Softball games won with the Examiner team (out of 10): 4
Ben Folds concerts attended: 2
Non-family visitors: 2 (Jessica and Michelle)
Weddings attended: 2
New names in my cell phone directory: 23
Inches of snow: About 12
Famous people I met/had pictures/attended events with: Ann Coulter, Michelle Malkin, Bill Bennett, Dick Cheney, Michael Steele, Elaine Chao, George Allen, Bill Kristol, others I don't remember
Songs I became obsessed with: Go|den S|umbers as performed by Ben Fo|ds; How +o Survive a Broken He@rt by Ben |_ee; H@lf Acre by Hem; Overki|| by Co|in Hay, Proof by I @m K|oot; Kyrie by Mr. Mister (mostly just the part after the bridge)
Copies of the Book of Mormon I received: 1
Copies of the Book of Mormon I read: 0
Falcons games attended: 1. We lost. Shocking.
Events I attended that I had no business attending: Countless
Place I went that I never thought I'd go: The French Embassy
Best Purchase: iPod
Places outside downtown DC that I spent significant time: Georgetown, Silver Spring, College Park (MD), Athens, Fayetteville, Tybee Island, Port Canaveral, my car
New Favorite Show: Scrubs
Most infuriating phrase: It's a tie between "pwn" and "w00t" with "do me a solid" getting honorable mention.

Ok, that's enough random facts. I could go into all the stuff I've learned over the last year, but I'll spare you. A lot of it is too personal for this medium, anyway. If you're just dying to know, talk to me.

As for this year, no earth-shattering plans, just more of the same. Although there are a few specific things I'd like to work on. First, I'd like to get better at saying what I mean. I mean what I say just fine, but I feel like I have a tendency to bite my tongue and keep things to myself more than I should. I would also like to make an effort to leave, and thus expand, my comfort zone.

Oh, and maybe blog on a more regular basis. Been dealing with some kind of creative drought -- just like Brian Wilson did.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brett said...

Just don't lay in bed all the time. Trust me... it ain't worth it.

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home