Friday, March 18, 2005

Thank you for flying UGA Athletic Association

I haven't updated in a while. Sorry about that. The last two weeks have been incredibly busy. I had two exams and a basketball tournament last week, and this week I had a paper to lay out and a giant painting to finish (which I still haven't done). So this is the first time I've had to sit in front of a computer for any substantial amount of time.

Anyway, the UGA Athletic association has ruined flying for me for the foreseeable future. As a member of the basketball band, we get to accompany the team to the NCAA tournament (should they go). And since the women's team was decent enough to get invited, we got to fly to Dallas. But we didn't fly commercial, no no no...we got our own plane.

We didn't even go inside the airport. The bus dropped us off right beside the plane. If you've never driven on a runway in a vehicle without wings, it's quite an odd feeling. There was no massive line to go through the metal detectors...we got our own. There was no little pack of pretzels and a can of soda...we got sandwiches as we got on the plane, brownies and chips after take off, ice cream bars after that, and any kind of juice, soda or energy drink we wanted at any time.

There was also no 'excuse me you're in my seat...' You could sit where ever you wanted, and there were enough empty seats on the plane that you could have your own row if you wanted.

For the record, all the basketball players are really nice. You would think they'd be all arrogant and stuff, but they're really pleasant people. Even the female cheerleaders aren't so bad. But the male cheerleaders are total pricks. I don't know what it is about being a male cheerleader that makes you think you're such a badass, but geez...you're not that cool.

At any rate, I'm currently writing from my 17th floor room in the Dallas Renaissance Hotel. It's pretty sweet. I recommend it. The room goes for $250 a night, but I haven't spent a dime. I also got $100 to last me til tomorrow, and provided we win, I get 70 more.

I bitch a lot about how our University spends money irresponsibly, but I can see why they do it. When you're on the receiving end of it, it's a pretty sweet deal.

Well, I'm off to go chill in the hot tub on the roof (yeah, there's a pool and a hot tub on the roof, and there's an awesome view of Dallas at night). I'll be sure to spend more of the University's money while I'm at it, too.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Male cheerleaders must be dicks everywhere. :P

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home