Wednesday, February 23, 2005

God save the Queen

So Prince Charles is planning to marry his long-time mistress, and the Queen isn't going to attend. Shh...listen closely, and you can hear the sound no one in America caring. And from what I can tell, no one in the world under the age of 30 cares either.

I've never been horribly impressed with the Royal Family. Prince Charles looks goofy (despite the fantastic name), Prince Phillip is an ignorant moron, and Prince Harry thinks an old Nazi uniform is a sweet costume. Plus, none of them really seem to do anything.

I mean really...what exactly is in the job description of a prince? They don't have any real political power, they don't seem to really contribute to policy or anything like that...so what purpose do they serve, other than wait for each other to die so they can be king?

I don't really have anything witty to say, I just thought it was funny that it's all over the news, and people really didn't seem to notice. Kinda like the NHL not having a season...did anyone even notice?

Anyway, to fill my comical quota, I'll rip off something from Conan O'Brien. Every so often, he has this segment called 'Celebrity Survey' where they fictitiously ask celebrities pointless questions to get an idea of their personality. Anyway...this one cracked me up:

If I was a tree, I would be:
-Mel Gibson: An oak tree
-Liv Tyler: A pine tree
-Camilla Parker-Bowles: Far more attractive

If you don't know who Camilla Parker-Bowles is, you just proved my whole point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home