Wednesday, August 03, 2005

One step closer to world domination

Well I’ll be damned. Monday, we ran a little blurb I wrote ripping on Helen Thomas for saying that she’d kill herself if Dick Cheney ran for President. For a little perspective, I brought up the whole Jeff Gannon uproar when it was revealed that a guy was getting a press pass and asking softball questions. Everyone was all upset about the lack of journalistic integrity. But when a journalist, more or less a media institution, threatens to kill herself if someone runs for president…does anyone hear about it? No. So that bugged me. (They edited out my punchline about Dick Cheney not being swayed by Helen Thomas threatening to kill herself, but that’s ok…)

Anyway…here’s the kicker. The guy I talk about, Jeff Gannon, links to my article on his website, saying that it puts the whole thing in perspective. Probably doesn’t mean much to anyone who doesn’t follow news about the news, but it made me feel pretty good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home