Monday, September 19, 2005

Hey, I was right...again...

I'm not normally one to shamelessly self-promote (ok, I am, but hear me out), and even this is going to make me feel a little smarmy, but I think it's warranted.

See, about 7 months ago, I did this whole spiel about the nuclear crisis with North Korea. And at the time, everyone was all worried that it was going to spark a nuclear war. Well, I knew it wasn't going to spark a nuclear war. At most, it was going to spark a regional arms race.

But mostly, I knew that North Korea wasn't going to even test, let alone use, any of their nuclear weapons. They were just using them as bargaining chips to get security guarantees and economic aid.

Well, 7 months later, they've agreed to give up their nuclear program, they haven't tested or used any nuclear devices, and in return they're going to get...that's right, security guarantees and economic aid. Man, I should be running this show.

But no one ever listens to me. I'm just some guy with a degree in international politics. I couldn't possibly know what I was talking about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home