Thursday, April 07, 2005

Compliments

I should really be studying for an exam right now, so I'll be brief.

I normally don't take compliments well at all. I always end up red-faced, embarrassed, and looking at the ground in sort of an 'aw shucks' kinda pose. But today I got one that meant a lot to me in a nerdy kinda way.

I got a call from an old friend in High School...REALLY old friend from High School. Apparently he's on the brink of starting a career in politics, and his family is all buddy buddy with my US representative.

Anyway...so he calls me just to tell me how much he enjoys my paper (The Georgia GuardDawg), and that he thinks I'll be the next William F. Buckley. I realize probably none of you know who that is, but he's one of my heros in that aforementioned politically nerdy kinda way.

I don't much like talking about good things people say about me 'cause that opens up the opportunity for people to say bad things, but I liked that last one so much that I had to share.

Well, back to studying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home