Saturday, February 05, 2005

Hey whatever happened to...

I've noticed something over the years. Nickelodeon, as a channel, has really started to suck. There's no more good, live action shows. It's all a bunch of crappy, animated shows. (Except for Spongebob. Spongebob rules.)

But whatever happened to good shows like Hey Dude, Salute Your Shorts, and The Tomorrow People?

I did some looking around on imdb.com, and I found that those shows were pretty much the kiss of death for the acting careers of everyone who starred in them. With the notable exceptions of Christine Taylor (Melody from Hey Dude) and Melissa Joan-Hart (Clarissa from Clarissa Explains it All), everyone else was more or less never heard from again.

It's kinda sad in a way. Those shows were way better than any of the crap Nickelodeon shows to kids today. Plus those shows make me all nostalgic. I'll give a dollar to the first person that can tell me the name of that show where the mannequin lived in the mall and came to life when that woman put on his hat.

Just for fun, here are some other shows that used to rock:

The Adventures of Pete and Pete
Welcome Freshman
David the Gnome
Eureka's Castle
Wild and Crazy Kids

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gman, I believe. Hey Dude and Eureka's castle rocked my world.

Kim

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home